Let’s start our Monday with a little injury catch-up:
- Justin Morneau is on the bench after landing badly on his shoulder.
- Joe Mauer is still out of the lineup with a stiff neck – described as a hyper-extended neck.
- Cuddyer is playing through the sore wrist.
- Nishioka is finally back in the lineup not that I’m all that excited about that.
- Alexi Casilla begins his rehab assignment with Ft. Meyers tonight.
Anyone else kind of anxious about what could happen (or not happen) with this lineup tonight?
|Chi White Sox|
|Revere, CF||Pierre, LF|
|Plouffe, LF||Ramirez, Al, SS|
|Cuddyer, 1B||Konerko, 1B|
|Kubel, DH||Rios, CF|
|Valencia, 3B||Viciedo, DH|
|Hughes, L, 2B||De Aza, RF|
|Repko, RF||Flowers, C|
|Rivera, R, C||Morel, 3B|
|Nishioka, SS||Beckham, 2B|
|Slowey, P||Buehrle, P|
|Chi White Sox||0||1||0||0||0||0||1||1||x||3||8||1|
Another shutout. That makes a nice round 10 on the year. Nice work, guys.
With the Royals’ win over the Tigers, they pull within half a game of the Twins in the standings. That means that by this time tomorrow night, the Twins could be in last place in the AL Central… and falling fast. – JC