UPDATE: After tonight’s game, the Twins announced that Denard Span was placed on the new 7-day DL for concussion injuries. Rene Tosoni has been recalled from Rochester. – JC
So the Twins are finally home! After a very heavy road schedule to start the season, the next couple of months are pretty heavily at home. That will be a nice change I think. We have rain in the forecast for the evening but we’ll see if it holds off until after the game.
Rhett Bollinger provided a quick injury update for just about everyone on the team on twitter this afternoon – if you don’t follow him already you should because he’s very informative! @RhettBollinger:
- Nathan and Perkins both threw bullpens today. Kubel played catch, hit in the cage, & did agility drills. Slowey threw from 150 feet
- Gardy was hesitant to say Joe Mauer will return early next week because he still wants to see him catch more games.
- Nishioka could also return next week but will play a few games with Triple-A Rochester before being activated.
- Morneau also had an MRI on his wrist but it showed no structural damage. Just fluid. So cleared to play.
- Thome’s quad injury is linked to his previous back problems. He’s scheduled to have an epidural in his back.
- Span is going to meet with doctors again today. Feels better but suffered whiplash.
|Andrus, SS||Revere, CF|
|Murphy, Dv, DH||Casilla, A, SS|
|Hamilton, LF||Cuddyer, RF|
|Young, M, 2B||Morneau, DH|
|Beltre, A, 3B||Young, D, LF|
|Cruz, N, RF||Valencia, 3B|
|Moreland, 1B||Hughes, L, 1B|
|Torrealba, C||Rivera, R, C|
|Chavez, En, CF||Tolbert, 2B|
|Holland, D, P||Blackburn, P|
It was “Thirsty Thursday” at the CR Kernels game (1.50 beers) so $12 worth of beer and a thunderstorm later, I got home to listen to the last couple of innings of the Twins game. I did, however, follow most of it (until the rain started at the ballpark I was at) via GameDay. From what I can tell…
Delmon hit a long home run… he actually had three hits!
Cuddy hit a big time home run… maybe he and DY are tired of the little guys getting all the love (we can only hope).
Blackie pitched well (but maybe didn’t do as well throwing to 1B as he did to home plate).
The bullpen (with the possible exception of Jose) had another good night and Jim Hoey, in particular, came through with a big inning of relief.
But when you come through with a two-out walk-off RBI single to win the game, you get the night’s BOD award! Tonight, that would be you, Alexi Casilla! – JC