Ok, quick injury update:
- Morneau’s surgery went very well and the news is good although he’s still not going to be back until August sometime. He had a fragment of a herniated disc removed from his neck (which honestly sounds ridiculously painful) and is apparently experiencing IMMEDIATE pain relief. He’s on light duty for a couple weeks and when his stitches are out, he can start increasing his work load as his body tolerates.
- Kubel’s most recent aggravation of the sprain is merely that. Nothing but a bump on the rehab road – a little good behavior DH’ing only in Rochester for a couple games instead of playing the double header in the field and he’ll be back on schedule.
and courtesy of the StarTrib -
- Righthander Kevin Slowey (abdominal strain) will start on Tuesday for Class AAA Rochester. He should be able to throw 60-70 pitches as he builds his stamina.
- Outfielder Delmon Young (right ankle) took batting practice and ran on the field before the game. He will head to Rochester on Sunday to begin a minor league rehabilitation assignment.
- Outfielder Denard Span (concussion) worked out with the team on the field before the game but didn’t take batting practice. The Twins hope he will take BP sometime this weekend.
It’s a phenomenal day for baseball (and pretty much everything else) here in Minnesota. Sadly, I won’t be able to join you for the game today as I am performing in a July 4th celebration tonight & tomorrow morning. I don’t know if JC will be joining or not but I’m hoping he will be able to watch the game whether he’s chatting or not.
|Weeks, 2B||Revere, CF|
|Morgan, CF||Casilla, A, 2B|
|Braun, LF||Mauer, DH|
|Fielder, 1B||Cuddyer, RF|
|Gamel, DH||Valencia, 3B|
|Betancourt, Y, SS||Hughes, L, 1B|
|Kotsay, RF||Repko, LF|
|Lucroy, C||Butera, C|
|Counsell, 3B||Nishioka, SS|
|Narveson, P||Pavano, P|
Very tough way to lose a ballgame tonight. I’m not feeling all that inclined to even write a summary.
Bounce back Sunday, guys – JC